2015年6月28日 星期日

Fluxus

Nam June Paik - Human Cello
        Fluxus don't have unified doctrine and strict system of ideas. At that moment, some people thought art in the past was too specialized, stylized and meaningful. They wanted to get rid of these binding, and made art becomes simpler, easier, and everyone can create art. They believed life itself is already an art. Therefore, they started to create an art call Fluxus in order to express their thought and concept. They didin't have consistency but they did things that others didn't. People were surprised by this kind of art at that time.

Yoko Ono - Cut Piece

        I think this may be the pioneer of performance art. I agree they are good to break the rules and inspiring others, this enrich art. However, I don't think they should against other art culture. I do think every art culture have their value. The arts before fluxus were specialized, stylized and meaningful, thats why they were rare and have appreciation value. Some of the fluxus are just simply againt the rules, it will be no different with slapstick.

沒有留言:

張貼留言