Impressionism
After lesson, I understand more about impressionism. Impressionist believe that we can only see color and light. That's why all the painting only have color and light, but don't have any outline. As a result, you may can't see the object clearly, it will depend on what do you think it is.
I love impressionism, since the color change is beautiful. Although there is no outline, but you still can see many details in the painting. For example, the reflection in the water, weather, etc.
![]() |
| ARMAND GUILLAUMIN - "Soleil couchant à Ivry (sunset at Ivry)" |
Cubism
Cubism is really different from impressionism. Cubism contains sharp outlines, stronger sense of object and volume, monochrome coloring, inconsistent shading and geometric elements. Below is an example.
![]() |
| Cubism by Picasso |
Also, cubism have a characteristic is that cubist will draw it in different angle but combine them together. As you can see the eyes of this girl is observe from different direction, but they connect together.
![]() |
| Cubism by Picasso |
I don't like this style, but I can see it's artistic value. I think Picasso is really creative that he can break the rules and start a new style. Picasso thinks object is not the most important in a painting, but communication. I think this is a good concept in drawing. At that time, most of the artists only draw views that they think are beautiful. However, the painting usually don't have any message carry out. I think this concept is changing the culture of art at that period.



沒有留言:
張貼留言